Important New Fumigation Regulations
As always, The Natural Gas Company is committed to serving you. The following information will help us help you make the process of fumigating your home or business a little easier.
A field representative from The Natural Gas Company must shut off and turn on gas service before and after fumigation jobs. Fumigation contractors are no longer authorized to perform these services. We will provide all shut-off and turn-on gas services at no cost to you.
- Gas service shut-off and turn-on orders can be scheduled by contacting us at 642-5635.
- You or your fumigation contractor must call 2 business days prior to the service closure. Your fumigation contractor will provide the information you will need when scheduling your service order. Make sure to inform the Customer Service Representative that the gas service closure is for a tented fumigation job.
- You must schedule service restoration with The Natural Gas Company. Advance notice of one business day is required. We will attempt to set up an appointment with a four-hour time frame (to be determined by the current schedule availability).
- Service cannot be restored on the same day the tent is removed. Overnight aeration is required in all cases.
- You must provide The Natural Gas Company with certification from your contractor that it is safe to re-enter the building. This is called a “Certification for Re-Entry”.
The Natural Gas Company will inspect and adjust all appliances for safety and efficiency as part of the restore service.